Adopting a homeless animal can be so rewarding. By giving an animal a loving home, applicant's not only free up a slot for a new animal in a shelter or rescue but you create the opportunity to enrich both your life and your new pet's life. All of our pets are vaccinated, spayed/neutered, dewormed, microchipped and given monthly flea and heartworm preventative while in our care in addition to treating any other illnesses, injuries and other issues that we have noticed prior to adoption.
Adoption Application Process
There are several stages in RAR's adoption-approval process:
- You complete and submit the Adoption Application.
- RAR reviews application, calling personal references as well as veterinary references.
- Once the reference checks are complete, RAR will contact you to schedule a Home Visit.
- During the Home Visit, the RAR representative will ask to be shown around your home, talk with you about your application, and answer any questions you may have.
- Once the Home Visit is complete, the RAR representative submits his/her assessment to the Adoption Coordinator for a final decision regarding whether or not your application will be approved.
- You will be notified when a final decision is reached, the whole process typically takes between two and three weeks, depending on your availability and RAR's workload.
- You will receive the Adoption Agreement for signature, if approved.
- You are given a 14-day return window that will allow you to return the animal for any reason whatsoever in exchange for a full refund of a more suitable animal.
- If application to adopt is approved, the application will remain active for two (2) years or until you move, whichever comes first. If you choose to adopt after the two-year period, you will need to reapply.