Adopting a homeless animal can be so rewarding. By giving an animal a loving home, applicant's not only free up a slot for a new animal in a shelter or rescue but you create the opportunity to enrich both your life and your new pet's life. All of our pets are vaccinated, spayed/neutered, dewormed, microchipped and given monthly flea and heartworm preventative while in our care in addition to treating any other illnesses, injuries and other issues that we have noticed prior to adoption.
Hi! My name is Mama!
I was born outside and lived on my own my whole life. I never was given any birthday parties, so I don't know how old I am. Most likely between 8 months and 2 years old.
I was living under a shed with my babies, Rose and Shadow, until Reborn saved us.
Since I have had to fight off wild animals while hunting for food my whole life, I am very scared. Right now, I spend most of the day relaxing in the corner and taking a well-deserved break.
If you come too close too fast, I will hiss at you and may even bite or scratch, but I will never go after you. Mostly, I just want to be left alone.
However, I have warmed up to the owner of Reborn, and I let her pet me. I even purred a bit. I think if you spend enough time with me, I will open up and be loving once I feel comfortable. It will probably take a couple months though.
It would be nice to have a nice home where I feel secure and safe.
I am currently in a foster to adopt situation, and am not available.
Hi! My name is Rose and my brother is Shadow.
I am the friendliest kitten ever! Shadow is super friendly too, but a little shy. I'll run over to you to play, but shadow waits for you to play with him.
We were living under a shed with our mom (Mama) until Reborn saved us. Shadow and I are really close and want to stay together. We come as one package. We are about 8+ weeks old and will be ready for adoption in January 2021 (but don't let that stop you from filling out an application now!).
I love everyone, including total strangers and other animals. I have no fear and even walk up to our big dogs and walk right underneath them to get by.
Shadow loves to climb on the cat tree and watch the world from above. He likes to be pet and play, but is too shy to ask first.
We are currently in a foster to adopt situation, and are not available.
Adoption Application Process
There are several stages in RAR's adoption-approval process:
- You complete and submit the Adoption Application.
- RAR reviews application, calling personal references as well as veterinary references.
- Once the reference checks are complete, RAR will contact you to schedule a Home Visit.
- During the Home Visit, the RAR representative will ask to be shown around your home, talk with you about your application, and answer any questions you may have.
- Once the Home Visit is complete, the RAR representative submits his/her assessment to the Adoption Coordinator for a final decision regarding whether or not your application will be approved.
- You will be notified when a final decision is reached, the whole process typically takes between two and three weeks, depending on your availability and RAR's workload.
- You will receive the Adoption Agreement for signature, if approved.
- You are given a 14-day return window that will allow you to return the animal for any reason whatsoever in exchange for a full refund of a more suitable animal.
- If application to adopt is approved, the application will remain active for two (2) years or until you move, whichever comes first. If you choose to adopt after the two-year period, you will need to reapply.