Reborn Animal Rescue, Inc. is committed to utilizing your valuable skill set to help rescue, rehabilitate and re-home as many animals as possible. We depend on volunteers like you. Below are the most needed opportunities. The skills below are preferred, but not required. If you're interested in fostering an animal, please fill out the Foster Application on our website. For all other volunteer opportunities, please fill out the Volunteer Application on our website.
Intake Coordinator: Picks animals up from current location and bring to RAR foster home or veterinarian. Schedule any necessary appointments related to intake. (i.e. vet services, grooming) Skills preferred: Valid Connecticut driver's license, outstanding organization and interpersonal skills, flexible schedule.
Dog Groomer: Provide bathing, brushing, nail trimming, and ear cleaning of rescued animals. Skills preferred: Interest in getting wet!
Home Visits: Help with making home visits to the adopter's home and ensuring a good placement for foster dog. Skills preferred: Customer service skills.
Adoption Coordinator: Organizes the planning and execution of adoptions, and home visits. Tasks may include marketing the animal, coordinating meet & greets, coordinating transportation. Skills preferred: Basic dog knowledge, outstanding organization and interpersonal skills, flexible schedule and social media knowledge are a plus.
Foster Coordinator: Organizes the planning and execution of foster homes, and home visits. Tasks may include matching animal with suitable foster home, coordinating meet & greets, coordinating transportation. Skills preferred: Basic dog knowledge, outstanding organization and interpersonal skills, flexible schedule and social media knowledge are a plus.
Volunteer Coordinator: Provides operational support for the recruitment, supervision, and retention of volunteers. Tasks may include screening volunteer applications, scheduling volunteer shifts, tracking volunteer hours, and coordinating volunteer events. Skills preferred: Basic dog knowledge, good organization and interpersonal skills and a desire to inspire others.
Administrative Assistant: Provides support to the rescue with data entry process clerical support and various other tasks (i.e. Community relations, education coordinator, events coordination). Tasks include answering emails, making phone calls, daily data entry, etc. Skills preferred: Good writing and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, ability to stay organized and proficiency with computers.
Volunteer Application Process
Volunteering for an animal rescue is a gratifying and worthwhile experience. Volunteering will enable you to work with like-minded, caring individuals. It also provides the opportunity to apply your skills and experience, and even develop new ones.
In order to become a volunteer for Reborn Animal Rescue, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Be 21 years or older to foster an animal.
- Be 16 years or older to volunteer at an adoption event or in the office.
- Complete the Reborn Animal Rescue Volunteer Form (online)
- Provide appropriate information on your background, including but not limited to, previous volunteer experience and animal care experience.
- Have a valid Connecticut state driver's license if you wish to transport animals.
- Be without any conflict of interest with any activity or program of RAR, whether personal, philosophical or financial.
- You will be notified that your application is approved or denied. The board of directors of RAR has the discretion to deny any volunteer application.
- If your application is approved, Reborn Animal Rescue will connect you with the appropriate team member to contact about next steps.
- Participate in an orientation with a Reborn Animal Rescue representative.
- Receive/Review the Volunteer Manual.
- Complete and sign all appropriate forms and agreements contained in the Volunteer Manual, including the Volunteer Agreement form on the last page.
This process is the first sign of dedication, so thank you for taking the time!
Volunteer assignments vary in the amount of time required to perform them. For example, volunteering to write thank you notes to our donors requires less time (and different skills) than volunteering to conduct home visits for prospective fosters and adopters.
We will be happy to help you choose an activity that best suits your interests and schedule. We look forward to working with you.
The volunteer approval process may take up to a week, depending on applicant's availability and our workload.
We know you will be an excellent part of our team and look forward to saving animals together!