Fostering for an animal rescue is a gratifying and worthwhile experience. Fostering will enable you to work with animals and learn their habits and individual personalities while helping them find them a suitable loving forever home. There are many good reasons to foster. These include:
- Fostering can be fun and extremely rewarding!
- Foster homes give animals the chance to adjust to loving home environments while they wait for their forever homes.
- Fostering allows you to rehabilitate a special-needs animal.
- Fostering allows you to teach animals new skills.
- Fostering increases the chances an animal will be adopted - foster parents can share specifics about an animal with prospective adopters, e.g., any special needs, personality and behavior, level of training, and dietary considerations.
- Fostering doesn't have to take much time.
- Fostering with RAR gives you the opportunity to foster a species that best suits your home environment and schedule.
Hi! My name is Mama!
I was born outside and lived on my own my whole life. I never was given any birthday parties, so I don't know how old I am. Most likely between 8 months and 2 years old.
I was living under a shed with my babies, Rose and Shadow, until Reborn saved us.
Since I have had to fight off wild animals while hunting for food my whole life, I am very scared. Right now, I spend most of the day relaxing in the corner and taking a well-deserved break.
If you come too close too fast, I will hiss at you and may even bite or scratch, but I will never go after you. Mostly, I just want to be left alone.
However, I have warmed up to the owner of Reborn, and I let her pet me. I even purred a bit. I think if you spend enough time with me, I will open up and be loving once I feel comfortable. It will probably take a couple months though.
It would be nice to have a nice home where I feel secure and safe.
I am currently in a foster to adopt situation, and am not available.
Hi! My name is Rose and my brother is Shadow.
I am the friendliest kitten ever! Shadow is super friendly too, but a little shy. I'll run over to you to play, but shadow waits for you to play with him.
We were living under a shed with our mom (Mama) until Reborn saved us. Shadow and I are really close and want to stay together. We come as one package. We are about 8+ weeks old and will be ready for adoption in January 2021 (but don't let that stop you from filling out an application now!).
I love everyone, including total strangers and other animals. I have no fear and even walk up to our big dogs and walk right underneath them to get by.
Shadow loves to climb on the cat tree and watch the world from above. He likes to be pet and play, but is too shy to ask first.
We are currently in a foster to adopt situation, and are not available.
Foster Application Process
In order to become a foster home for Reborn Animal Rescue, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Be 21 years or older to foster an animal.
- Complete the Reborn Animal Rescue Foster Application (online)
- Provide appropriate information on your background, including but not limited to, previous volunteer experience and animal care experience.
- Have a valid Connecticut state driver's license if you wish to transport animals.
- Be without any conflict of interest with any activity or program of RAR, whether personal, philosophical or financial.
- You will be notified that your application is approved or denied. The board of directors of RAR has the discretion to deny any foster application.
- If your application is approved, Reborn Animal Rescue will connect you with the appropriate team member to contact about next steps.
- Participate in an orientation with a Reborn Animal Rescue representative.
- Receive/Review the Volunteer Manual.
- Complete and sign all appropriate forms and agreements contained in the Volunteer Manual, including the Volunteer Agreement form on the last page.
The foster approval process may take between two and three weeks, depending on applicant's availability and our workload.
We know you will be an excellent part of our team and look forward to saving animals together!